How to Embed Urtak on Squarespace
Squarespace is one of the world’s leading web publishing platforms, with tens of thousands of of subscribers.
Recently, we had the opportunity to have a nice lunch with Dane Atkinson, Squarespace’s CEO. One of the things Dane stressed was the need to make “self-provisioning” of our technology easier.
Next month, we’re hoping to release several new features which will make Urtak much more user-friendly. We’ll also create a How To section, with step by step explanations for embedding Urtak on Blogger, WordPress, TypePad, Tumblr, Facebook, and of course, Squarespace.
Here is an example of what that will look like.
How to Embed Urtak on your Squarespace site
1. Login to Squarespace, and enter the structure mode of your blog (click the cubes icon).
2. Click “Insert New Section.”
3. Fill out New Section Configuration and Save to continue.
4. Click “Widget.”
5. Choose Text/HTML and then Select & Configure to continue.
6. Click “Create Widget.”
7. Click “Mode.”
8. Click “Edit Section HTML.”
9. Make sure you are in “Raw HTML” mode.
10. Go to your Urtak, and copy the embed code.
11. Paste the embed code into the content editor.
12. Save, and your Urtak is embedded!
How to Embed Urtak into a Squarespace post
1. Login to Squarespace, and open a new post.
2. Make sure you are in “Raw HTML” mode.
3. Go to your Urtak, and copy the embed code.
4. Paste the embed code into the content editor.
5. Save, and your Urtak is embedded!